Friday, November 1, 2013

A reinforced vision (November President's Message)

creating superior citizens
I can't tell you how excited I am about the future of Four County LL.  Over the past few months, we have seen new energy with energetic and enthusiastic volunteers.  As your re-elected President, I am tasked with guiding this great organization to new heights and with these new enthusiastic volunteers, I have never been more excited about the outlook of our Little League.  With that said, I have met with many of these new volunteers and we solidified a new mission statement which was proposed and accepted at the Annual meeting held in October.  The new mission reads:

Four County Little League is committed to creating a culture in which coaches, parents, fans, umpires and athletes work together as we aspire to be an outstanding educational-athletic, community-based organization by upholding the virtues of character, courage, loyalty & community. Our program is designed to develop superior citizens for a stronger community through the great sport of baseball.
So with a new mission in hand, we move forward with the planning of the 2014 season.  I want every member to know we are committed to "developing superior citizens for a stronger community..." and decisions we make in the future will have this mission at the heart of the decision making process.  We are looking a some changes to accommodate this new mission.  I can't tell you about any of these changes because they have not been approved by the board.  This is why I invite you to come to the next Board of Directors meeting to get the inside scoop.  I also invite anyone interested in being part of this new movement to volunteer where you can.  We have directors positions, committee chairs and other volunteer positions so please don't hesitate to ask how you can help.

Superior citizens & superior athletes
I look forward to working with this great group and hope that you are part of it.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me (president@fcllbaseball.org).

Jim Gill
President
Four County LL

No comments:

Post a Comment